Friday, December 11, 2009

The Lord is Good!

Scripture:

Nahum 1:7 "The Lord is good, a refuge when trouble comes. He is close to those who trust in Him".

Observation:

Nahum is a book warning Ninevah that judgment is coming from the Lord. Nahum continually tells Ninevah that God is going to release His wrath and anger at them and they will be utterly destroyed. They are seen as the enemies of the Lord. In the midst of raging about what is going to happen to Ninevah, we see this verse tucked in to Israel. The Lord always brings comfort to His people in any situation. In the midst of 3 chapters of prophesied destruction it says, "The Lord is Good". He closes this with "He is close to those who trust Him". God is always good to His people and close to those who trust Him.

Application:

I believe we are as close to the Lord today as we really want to be. The word tells us to "draw near to Him and He will draw near to us". God is good, all the time! All the time, God is good! We love to say it, but do we believe it? Do we really believe He is close to those who trust Him? I want a life that is close to the Lord and from this scripture I see that it goes hand in hand with trusting Him. I want to trust Him more for who He is for He is good.

Prayer:

Lord, let me trust You more today than I did yesterday. I want to come nearer to you every day. You are good and I want to be in Your presence more and more. I love You and long to be nearer to You. You are my rock, my fortress and my deliverer! I will trust in You.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment