Sunday, November 29, 2009

Delivery is Coming!

Scripture:

Isaiah 66:9 "Shall I bring to the time of birth, and not cause delivery? says the Lord. Shall I who cause delivery shut up the womb? says your God".

Observation:

Isaiah has been prophesying about the rebirth and restoration of Israel. In this verse I see a characteristic of God that we can depend on today. In this verse, I see God as the one who finishes what He starts. He says, "Shall I bring to the time of birth and not cause delivery?" With God there are no miscarriages. What He starts, He will finish. What He says He will do, He will do.

Application:

When God has spoken a word to us as individuals, we must hold onto that word because He doesn't start something He doesn't plan on finishing. There may be some delays, but delay doesn't equal denial. There may be some pushing necessary and the pregnancy may go a little longer than expected, but what God starts He bring to delivery. He will bring to pass everything He has said will come to pass. He is faithful to His promises and will bring about His will in the earth. He is the all-powerful one! He will reign forever and ever!

Prayer:

Lord, thank you for re-confirming Your word to me this morning. Thank you for speaking to me. I need Your word every day. Teach me to be more diligent in eating Your word daily. Help me to be more disciplined in my daily wash. I love it when You speak to me, but feel Like I haven't been as faithful recently as I should. Forgive me Lord. I love You with all my heart!

Jeffrey

No comments:

Post a Comment