Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Wait for His Help

Scripture:

Isaiah 30:18 "So the Lord must wait for you to come to him so he can show you his love and compassion. For the Lord is a faithful God, blessed are those who wait for His help".

Observation:

God has been rebuking Israel and speaking about their coming destruction. He is irritated at them for taking things into their own hands and doing things their own way when God has already given them their prescription for success. They were leaning on themselves and trying to do everything on their own. They were leaning on military might when they remembered the stories of how God had fought all their battles in the past. So in this verse the Lords says, "So the Lord must wait for you to come to him so he can show you his love and compassion". WOW! We left him and he is waiting for us to come to him. He wants to show love and compassion to his people, but he must wait till we come to him. Then he says, "blessed are those who wait for his help."

Application:

How often do we outrun God when we are in a pressure situation? How often do we work hard in our own strength instead of waiting on the Lord? He wants to bless His people, but He is waiting for us to come to Him instead of always trying to fix everything ourselves. God desires to show us love and compassion, but he is waiting for us to come to him. Don't wait one more minute, call out to him now and come to him for your future! Stop trying to fix everything on your own and spend more time crying out to him, then waiting for his help. You can achieve great things in life, but if you achieve them without God's help, they won't last. Combine your best efforts with waiting on God, and watch the results!

Prayer:

Lord, I come to You. You are my supplier! You are my source and I trust You to take care of me. I wait on You for my financial situation. I know You will take care of me. I will be diligent and wait on You at the same time. Thank you for meeting all my needs according to your riches in glory. You are awesome! Teach me to do better at waiting for You. You way is always so much better.

Love you,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment