Friday, November 6, 2009

God Responds to Repentance

Scripture:

Hosea 14:4 "The Lord says, Then I will heal you of you faithlessness; my love will know no bounds, for my anger will be gone forever".

Observation:

God has spent many chapters prior to this issuing decrees about impending disaster on His people because of their rebellion and idolatry. As chapter 14 begins he says, "Return, O Israel to the Lord Your God". As Israel returns, He promises them that He will heal them of the faithlessness, he will love them with no bounds, and His anger will be gone forever. Wow, what a God! He is the forgiver of every sin, the healer of every heart. All He wants is for His people to follow Him. His love is so incredible that He will overlook years of disobedience for one moment of obedience. We are so undeserving of His amazing Grace and love.

Application:

Understanding His love for us, why do we continue in sin and doing things that are displeasing to Him. When you have felt the incredible love of God, it should eradicate all desire for sinful behavior, yet today people come to the Lord for forgiveness and walk right back into the world. When we come face to face with the love of God, it should cause us to walk in a higher level of righteousness. Let us live a life that is pleasing to Him and realize the great love and forgiveness He has shown to us.

Prayer:

Lord, let me not take You for granted. Let me live a life that pleases You and demonstrates my love for You. You have rescued me, forgiven me, loved me and accepted me over and over again. You are the greatest example in the world of love, acceptance and forgiveness. You never hold a grudge! Let my life become a mirror that I may reflect that same love for others.

Love You.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment