Thursday, November 5, 2009

Meeting God Face to Face

Scripture:

Hosea 12:4 "Yes, he wrestled with the angel and won. He wept and pleaded for a blessing from him. There at Bethel he met God face to face".

Observation:

Hosea is telling the descendants of Jacob about the punishment that is coming their way. He is prophesying destruction for Israel. In the midst of his harsh prophetic words, he brings Jacob into the picture and talks about him. Jacob became Israel at this encounter. His life, past present and future was changed when he wrestled with God at Bethel. He wept and pleaded for a blessing and he got it. The text says that at Bethel he met God face to face. The nation of Israel started with a face to face encounter with God.

Application:

A face to face encounter with God will change everything! Every person needs a face to face with God at some point in their life. When you have encountered Him, everything changes. You will never be the same again! Truly Jacob was a changed man. Several times in my life I have had God encounters that changed me forever. Once you have tasted of that, there is nothing else that satisfies. The sad thing here is that, even though he encountered God face to face, the generations after him fell away. Every generation needs a face to face experience with god or what he did for grandpa will wear off. Seek Him until you have a face to face! It is worth the pursuit.

Prayer:

Lord, let me encounter You again. Fall fresh in my life. I want to know You more and more. I need your presence, your power and your anointing. I seek you this morning as a desperate man in need of water. Lord, forgive my complacency and let me seek You more each day. I want another face to face with my Father. I love you Lord.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment