Wednesday, November 4, 2009

God has Feelings Too

Scripture:

Hosea 7:15 "I trained them and made them strong, yet now they plot evil against me".

Observation:

Hosea is calling Israel to repentance. He is letting them know that God is tired of their wandering off to other gods and worshiping them. He is telling them that judgment is coming from the Lord and that the Lord is fed up with their actions. In all of that, we see this verse which shows a little how God feels when we don't serve Him properly. As a pastor, I have felt this many times. It seems in ministry that those you give you life for and work with the most turn their backs on you and plot evil against you when they are strong.

Application:

It is wonderful to understand that God himself has human emotions and feels what we feel. When I am feeling bad about investing my life into people and then they turn on me and plot evil against me, I can look to my Lord and realize that many times He feels the exact same way. This verse gives me strength today to continue to serve people, knowing that the same people who I am giving my life for will hurt me in return. I hear the Lord saying, "I feel it also Jeff, I will be with you as you are with Me. I will comfort you with my word and care for you in your times of need. I am your inheritance".

Prayer:

Lord, thank you for speaking to me this morning. You are my inheritance and what I do, I do for you. Help me to handle better the rejection I feel when people turn away from me that I have given of myself for. Teach me to grow in Your word and hear You voice clearer every day. I love You Lord and want to be more like You.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment