Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Inscribed on His Hands

Scripture:

Isaiah 49:15-16 "Can a woman forget her nursing child, And not have compassion on the son of her womb? Surely they may forget, Yet, I will not forget you. See, I have inscribed you on the palms of my hands; Your walls are continually before me".

Observation:

God says to Israel that He has not forgotten them. He relates it to a mother forgetting her nursing child. She will not forget her son, not matter what. God says He will not forget us. He says we are inscribed on the palms of His hands.

Application:

When I need to remember something, like groceries for my wife, or a phone number that is important, many times I will write it on my hand so I won't forget it. It is a really bad habit and I don't recommend writing on your hands, but God says He has written us on the palms of His hands. WOW! Think about it. God has not forgotten you, no matter where you are right now, you are still in the palm of His hands. Every time He reaches out, He sees your name. Every time He extends His hand to someone else, He sees your name! You may not feel His presence right this moment, but He has you written on the palms of His hands. He loves you and will never forget you! Hold on and wait for His timing, but you will make it through this current difficulty. He will not forget!

Prayer:

Lord, let me never forget this verse. Help me to know that You have not forgotten me. You have gone to great lengths to remember us. Thank you for letting me know today how much you love me and how you will never forget where I am or what I am doing. I love you Lord.

You're still the best!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment