Thursday, June 25, 2009

Serving the Lord with ALL Your Heart

Scripture:

II Chronicles 31:21 "And in every work that he began in the service of the house of God, in the law and in the commandment, to seek his God, he did it with all his heart. So he prospered".

Observation:

King Hezekiah was one of the great kings of Judah. He served God with all his heart, cleaned the temple and repaired it, restored worship of the Lord throughout the kingdom, and positioned the priesthood to function once again. Everything Hezekiah did was blessed of the Lord and prospered because "He did it with all his heart". As you read on, you see the incredible blessings that came to this king. His house overflowed with gold, silver, gems, etc. He was blessed in every way and his enemies were defeated before him by the Lord our God.

Application:

I believe God wants to honor and bless His people, but in this passage I see one of the conditions for obtaining the blessing of the Lord. All through scripture we hear the words "with all his heart" or "with all your heart". It seems that God blesses those who serve Him with everything they have. Those who go the extra mile are always blessed. God hates half-heartedness! He is a God who wants to be served with "all your heart". He wants to know that you will obey in every area, whatever He says. He wants to know that you will lean on Him for every part of your life. Many people today want the blessings of finances like Hezekiah had, but they are not willing to serve the Lord with "all their heart". It seems today that we have become plagued with the feeling that God is here to bless me and I don't have to do anything. God blesses those who are willing to give up everything for Him and serve Him with "all their heart".

Prayer:

Lord,
I want to serve You with all my heart. I want my life to become what You desire. I don't want to be half-hearted! I want to serve You with everything I have. I want Your will accomplished in and through my life. I surrender to You this morning and ask that You would lead, guide and direct me into all truth. Show me how to serve You better. Lord, You have my heart, but today I give You "all my heart".

I Love You Lord,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment