Thursday, June 18, 2009

Open Doors to the Enemy

Scripture:

II Chronicles 12:2 "And it happened in the fifth year of King Rehoboam that Shishak king of Egypt came up against Jerusalem, because they had transgressed against the Lord".

Observation:

Rehoboam had forsaken the ways of his father Solomon and according to verse 1 "forsook the law of the Lord". Verse 2 comes along and tells what happened as a direct result of him forsaking the Law of the Lord and says specifically that Shishak came against them because they had transgressed against the Lord. His sin caused all Israel to come under attack.

Application:

When we walk in willing, known sin, we open doors to the enemy and God's walls of protection around our lives. Here we see and OT example of this. Jeroboam was not walking according to the paths of his father and grandfather and all Israel was attacked. We must come the realization that our sin has significant consequences. Our sin affects those around us and the greater our influence, the greater our sin affects others. Satan enters and causes problems in us and those around us when we decide to walk in disobedience.

Prayer:

Lord, let my see the devastating results of personal sin. I want my life to please You. I give myself afresh this morning to be a man who strives after righteousness. I want to see others lifted up and no open doors to the enemy in my life. Keep me in the path of purity.

I Love You Lord,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment