Friday, June 26, 2009

All His Heart II

Scripture:

II Chronicles 34:31 "He pledged to obey the Lord by keeping all His commands, laws, and decrees with all his heart and soul. He promised to obey all the terms of the covenant that were written in the scroll".

Observation:

Josiah became king at only eight years of age. At sixteen, he began to seek the Lord and destroy all other Gods from Judah and Jerusalem. From there, he began to repair the temple of the Lord. While repairing the temple, someone found the book of the Law of the Lord. Josiah had a heart after God and had it read to the entire city of Jerusalem. He then promised to follow the Lord's commands with "all his heart and soul". Josiah saw peace in his generation and the Lord delayed the destruction that was coming in Judah until after his reign because he sought the Lord with all his heart and soul.

Application:

This is the second day in a row that we have come across the words, "with all his heart and soul". Once again, throughout the entire bible you will read these words in one form or another and will notice that whoever seeks the Lord like this prospers in everything they do. If we will "seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, all these things will be added unto you". God is looking for a people who are fully committed to Him, who will obey when it is easy and when it is not. He is looking for a people who will follow Him with all their heart, soul, mind and strength. it is this person who will see the incredible blessing of the Lord.

Prayer:

Lord, You are really speaking to me this week about seeking You with all my heart, soul, mind and strength. I want to see the day of Your power in our area. I want to see Your name glorified in the earth and today I want You to have all of me; heart, soul, mind and strength. I want to serve You and bring glory to Your name with everything I have. Be exalted in my life. Teach me to trust You more and fully sell out every area of my life to You. You are the best and deserve full and complete devotion. Show me more how I can do that.

I Love You,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment