Monday, June 8, 2009

More and More Powerful

Scripture:

I Chronicles 11:9 "And David became more and more powerful, because the Lord of Heaven's Armies was with him".

Observation:

Saul has just died and David is rising to become king of all Israel. When describing David's rise to kingship, credit is not going to David, but to the Lord. It says that David became more and more powerful, not because of his great might and achievements, but because the Lord was with him.

Application:

Everywhere in the Bible that it says "The Lord was with" someone, they prospered, became leaders, changed nations and turned the hearts of people. David was known as a man after God's own heart. Scripture tells us "draw near to God and He will draw near to you". If we want the Lord to be with us, we must first be with Him. we must pursue Him! As David passionately pursued the Lord, the Lord was close to Him and raised him up. When God sees a heart that is fully devoted to him, He will always raise it up and put it in the position for the most effectiveness. He also draws near and begins to bless.

Prayer:

Lord, I want it to be said that "The Lord was with him", when people speak of my life. I want my life to bring You glory. I want to sense You closeness every day. I want to walk with You, talk with You and bring You glory. I want to be as close to You as is possible. Father, I surrender my life to You. Use me for Your glory and walk with me throughout every day.
I love you,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment