Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Obedience Brings Blessing

Scripture:

II Chronicles 27:6 "King Jotham became powerful because he was careful to live in obedience to the Lord his God".

Observation:

Uzziah was a great king who wanted to please the Lord. He followed the Lord, but went a step too far and offered incense to the Lord, a job reserved only for the priesthood. He instantly got leprosy and lived the end of his life in isolation. After his death, his son takes the throne and reigns sixteen years in Jerusalem. It says in this passage that he "became powerful because he was careful to live in obedience to the Lord". His careful obedience brought about God's blessing.

Application:

I have always taught my children, "Obedience brings blessing". The blessing of God is more important than money, fame, or anything else and here we see how this man received the blessing. It says he was "careful" to obey. It is one thing to obey, it is another thing to be careful to obey. He wanted to please the Lord and was sensitive about doing it right. It should be our desire as believers to please our Lord carefully. We should live our lives "carefully" following the Lord.

Prayer:

Lord, I want to follow you carefully. I don't want to miss Your voice or hear incorrectly. I want my life to be a life of obedience in every area. Help me Lord to obey every instruction and to be a man of God who follows You carefully. Teach me to hear Your voice clearly and to follow it carefully. I love You Lord,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment