Monday, June 29, 2009

The Favor of God

Scripture:

Ezra 7:6 "He came up to Jerusalem from Babylon, and the king gave him everything he asked for, because the gracious hand of the Lord was on him".

Observation:

When Ezra was leaving Babylon, he left with the favor of the Lord. He was coming back to Jerusalem and God's favor was with Him. Scripture tells us that "the king gave him everything he asked for". God's favor was so great upon Ezra that King Artaxerxes gave him anything he wanted as he was going. Scripture then says why this happened, "because the gracious hand of the Lord was on him". God's hand was on Ezra's life to the degree that the king of Persia gave him anything he wanted.

Application:

When God's favor comes on someone's life, He will make even your enemies love you. Even those that hate you will want to bless your life. God has a way of working in the lives of those who are truly His. He can make your application rise to the top, your resume be seen when there are many others with more qualifications, He can cause those who don't even like you to give to you. The favor of the Lord is incredible. You can't earn it, but you can ask for it! When God chooses to bless, He does it to the extreme! I want His gracious hand on my life.

Prayer:

Lord, You are my life and my salvation. You are my rock and fortress! You are my deliverer! I want Your favor on my life. I ask You today to let Your favor and your gracious hand be upon me. I need You. Let Your favor be strong on my life as I endeavor to serve You. Without You, I can't do anything. I need You Lord. Thank You for Your awesome presence in church yesterday. You are incredible!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment