Monday, July 1, 2019

Pride Will Destroy You

Scripture:

“But when he had become powerful, he also became proud, which led to his downfall. He sinned against the Lord his God by entering the sanctuary of the Lord’s Temple and personally burning incense on the incense altar.”
‭‭2 Chronicles‬ ‭26:16‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Uzziah was a great king who did awesome in the sight of the Lord, but he allowed pride to enter his heart.  He felt he was good enough to enter the sanctuary of the Lord’s Temple and burn incense.  I’m sure he did this out of a pure heart wanting to worship God, but disobedience always destroys.  He felt he deserved to function as a priest and overstepped his boundaries.

Application:

Pride, and feeling we deserve certain things, will corrupt our lives.  Uzziah ended up with leprosy because of this event.  I want to walk in humility at all times, even when I think I deserve better.  I don’t want pride to come into my life and destroy what God is trying to do.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in humility before You and Your people all the days of my life.  Help me never feel I deserve more or better than what you have provided for me.  Help me not to overstep my boundaries in any way.  Keep me on the right path and help me to serve You well all of my life.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment