Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Confidence in God’s Promises

Scripture:

““But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and he will stand upon the earth at last. And after my body has decayed, yet in my body I will see God!”
‭‭Job‬ ‭19:25-26‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Job had been through terrible suffering.  He felt like he was about to die and his friends and counselors were not helping him.  As he was defending himself one more time, he said these powerful words, “I know that my Redeemer lives, and he will stand upon the earth at last.... after my body has decayed, I will see God”.

Application:

Job knew that, even if his life was taken, he would see God.  He was confident that his Redeemer lived.  We need to have the same confidence in our lives.  When it feels like death is at the door and everything has gone terribly wrong, we should be confident that our Redeemer lives and we will see Him one day.  I want to walk by faith and not by sight.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are amazing and I love You.  You have rescued my so many times.  You have saved me and put me on Your path for my life.  When things are not going well, help me to say I KNOW my redeemer lives.  Help me to walk in confidence in You at all times and never to waiver.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment