Monday, July 22, 2019

Pour it Out to God

Scripture:

“My friends scorn me, but I pour out my tears to God.”
‭‭Job‬ ‭16:20‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Job couldn’t figure out why God was doing what he was doing.  His friends didn’t understand him.  His wife wanted him to curse God and die, but he knew what he needed to do.  Even though he wasn’t feeling God’s love, he poured out his tears to God.  God saw him and blessed him with double for his trouble in the end of his life.

Application:

When nothing seems to be going right, rather than pouring out our heart to humans that can’t understand anyway, we must learn to pour out our hearts to God, who can hear us and help us.  There is nothing wrong with crying in difficult times, it is just important that our cries are to the Lord, for He is always willing to help.

Prayer:

Father, when things are difficult, let me cry out to You.  Let my heart be poured out like the unceasing waves of the ocean, over and over again.  Let my cries not be to those who cannot help me, but to the one who always comes through.  You are my everything and I love you desperately.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment