Thursday, July 25, 2019

Seek God For Wisdom

Scripture:

“Wisdom is more valuable than gold and crystal. It cannot be purchased with jewels mounted in fine gold.”
‭‭Job‬ ‭28:17‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Here we see that Job has some wisdom and understanding.  He understood that God was the author of all wisdom and understanding.  He knew that as humans, we don’t know it all and need God to direct our steps.  He understood the value of wisdom.  He said is was more valuable than gold and crystal.

Application:

If you have wisdom and understanding, the gold and crystal will find you.  Wise people don’t pursue money and wealth, they understand that as they do the will of God and seek wisdom and understanding, money will come to them.  It is more valuable to be wise than to have a lot of money.  I need God’s wisdom in my life in ever-increasing measures.

Prayer:

Father of wisdom and understanding, there is nothing hidden from You and nothing that You don’t know and understand.  Teach me Your ways and let me hear from Your heart.  Show me the ways of wisdom and let my life be lived in a way that honors You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment