Friday, July 26, 2019

God is Speaking...Am I Listening?

Scripture:

“For God speaks again and again, though people do not recognize it. He speaks in dreams, in visions of the night, when deep sleep falls on people as they lie in their beds.”
‭‭Job‬ ‭33:14-15‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Elihu spoke up after listening a long time to Job and his friends conversations.  He told Job that God speaks again and again, but people don’t recognize it.  He said God speaks through dreams and visions in the night while we sleep.  He basically said that God is always speaking, we just are not listening.

Application:

I have always desired to hear clearly the word of the Lord.  I want close, intimate conversation with my maker.  I long to hear clearly every detail that God wants of me.  At times I have been persistent, asking God to speak to me in my dreams and I would received dreams.  I want to dream again in the night.  When I go to sleep, I’m going to ask God to speak to me in my dreams again.

Prayer;

Father, I want to do Your will in my life.  I want to live exactly as You want me to, but I can’t do that unless I hear Your voice clearly.  Open my ears.  Open my eyes.  Open my spirit to receive Your words.  Teach me to walk in conversation with You at all times.  Drop words in my heart.  Speak to me in dreams and visions.  Speak Lord speak.  I want to do Your will, but I can’t if I don’t know what it is.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment