Friday, May 18, 2018

Victorious

Scripture:

II Samuel 8:14 "He placed army garrisons throughout Edom, and all the Edomites became David's subjects.  In fact, the Lord made David victorious wherever he went."

Observation:

David had the favor of God on his life.  This verse tells us that the Lord made David victorious wherever he went.  It was totally a God thing when David won his victories.  It wasn't his incredible army though they were amazing.  It wasn't his leadership, though it was great.  It was the hand of the Lord working on David's behalf that made him successful in everything he did.

Application:

I want the favor of God to be on my life like it was on David's.  David sought the Lord diligently and the Lord favored him because of it.  Instead of fighting for victory, I want to seek the Lord and let the Lord bring the victory.  I want some unexplainable events in my life that have to be the hand of the Lord.

Prayer:

God, work in my life.  Lead me.  Guide me.  Show me what to do and when and how.  Make my life victorious because of Your hand and not my leadership expertise.  When great things happen, let me be able to say, "It was all God, because I am not able to do that in myself."

Yours Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment