Friday, May 4, 2018

Harmony

Scripture:

Romans 14:19  "So then, let us aim for harmony in the church and try to build each other up."

Observation:

Evidently, there was a lot of division going on in the church and Paul wrote them to tell them to love each other and not to judge each other based on what they ate or when they worshiped, etc.  People have always had the same tendencies to make others look bad or be judgmental or critical.  Paul warns us against it.

Application:

We are to build each other up and not tear each other down.  We cannot judge others based on our reading of scripture or our personal convictions.  We may be stronger or weaker than someone else.  Our job is not to determine who is right or wrong, but to love people and build them up.  Our job is to strive for harmony, which is different sounds coming together to make one sound.

Prayer:

Father, let me be a unifier in Your Kingdom.  Help me to build people up and bring harmony to your body.  Show me how to build harmony and unity.  Lead me and I will follow.  I want to see Your body strong.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment