Thursday, May 3, 2018

Don't Think You re Better Than You Are

Scripture:

Romans 12:3 "Because of the privilege and authority God has given me, I give each of you this warning; Don't think you are better than you really are.  Be honest in your evaluation of yourselves, measuring yourselves by the faith God has given us."

Observation:

Paul is writing here and warns the Romans not to think they are better than they are, but to be honest when they evaluate themselves.  He says we are to measure ourselves with the faith God has given us.  Notice here it is the faith God has given us, we can't even take credit for that.

Application:

As believers, we are to walk a life of humility and dependence on God.  He is faithful and loves us with an everlasting love.  We should not think too highly of ourselves because without God in our lives, we are nothing anyway.  It is only by the grace of God we can do anything.  He is our source of life.  Humility always draws the attention of God.  He gives grace to the humble, but is against the proud.

Prayer:

Lord, You are amazing!  Help me to walk in humility and to not think more highly of myself than I should.  You are my source of life and everything I have comes from You.  You have been really good to me.  You are the one who blesses my life.  All I have and all I am is because of You.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment