Monday, May 7, 2018

Don't Be Stubborn

Scripture:

I Samuel 6:6  "Don't be stubborn and rebellious as Pharaoh and the Egyptians were.  By the time God was finished with them, they were eager to let Israel go."

Observation:

The ark of God had been captured by the Philistines and wherever they would put it, problems would happen and judgment would begin to come on the people.  They decided it was better to send it back to Israel then to suffer the consequences of keeping it themselves.  They understood what had happened to the Egyptians when God was angry with them.

Application:

Just as the Philistines realized it wasn't good to be stubborn and rebellious, we need to do the same.  They realized what had happened to the Egyptians and learned from it.  May we learn that disobedience to God never brings His blessing.  May we learn that obedience is better than sacrifice and that we must never be rebellious toward God.

Prayer:

Father, help me to live a life that pleases You.  Teach me to follow You completely so that I may live in your blessing.  Help me to never be stubborn, but to comply with Your will in everything.  I want to live under your blessings and in Your favor.  Forgive me for being stubborn at times.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment