Scripture:
“I will remember the works of the Lord. Yes, I will remember the amazing things you did long ago! I will think about all you have done; I will reflect upon your deeds!”” Psalms 77:11-12 NET
Observation:
The Psalmist speaks here about remembering the works of the Lord. He reminds us to remember, think about, and reflect upon God’s deeds in our lives. It is important, especially when things get difficult, to remember what the Lord has done in our lives in the past. A good memory is powerful.
Application:
When things are not going as we planned, or things seem to have taken a turn for the worst, we must remember what God has done in the past. When we can’t see Him working in our lives right now, we must remember and remind ourselves of what He has done in the past. They say that past behavior is the greatest predictor of future results. When we reflect on what God has done in the past, our faith increases in the present.
Prayer:
Lord God Almighty, I remember how You have worked in my life so many times. You have rescued me when it seemed like there was hope. You have helped me through many difficult situations. You have blessed me when it seemed like everyone had forgotten me. You have been faithful to me. Increase my faith for the future.
Yours,
Jeff
No comments:
Post a Comment