Scripture:
“The godly grow like a palm tree; they grow high like a cedar in Lebanon. They bear fruit even when they are old; they are filled with vitality and have many leaves.” Psalms 92:12, 14 NET
Observation:
This passage speaks about the godly and how they grow and produce fruit. First it says that the godly grow like a palm tree, high like a cedar in Lebanon. Then the Psalmist says, “They bear fruit even then they are old; they are filled with vitality and have many leaves.” The godly age better and remain stronger and more productive when they are old.
Application:
As I get older, I want to be more productive for God’s kingdom. I want my life to matter for the Kingdom. I want to live a life filled with vitality and produce more in my old age than in my younger years. This passage tells me it is of inheritance of the godly and I want it. I want my body to be strong well into the future. I want my mind and spirit to be strong as I continue to follow the Lord.
Prayer:
Father, You are awesome and I love You with all my heart. Teach me Your ways. Help me to walk on Your paths. I claim this verse for my life. I want to be more productive for Your kingdom as I get older in age. I want to be strong in body, soul, and spirit as I age. Give me my vitality back as I serve You wholeheartedly.
Yours Forever,
Jeff
No comments:
Post a Comment