Thursday, November 21, 2019

Wisdom and Discretion

Scripture:

“When Arioch, the commander of the king’s guard, came to kill them, Daniel handled the situation with wisdom and discretion.”
‭‭Daniel‬ ‭2:14‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Daniel was a prophet who saw incredible visions and dreams about all the kingdoms of the world.  He was powerfully prophetic, yet he was also extremely wise and discreet.  He knew what to say and when to say it.  He handled himself with poise and always knew the wise thing to do.

Application:

Only the Spirit of God can give the kind of wisdom and discretion that Daniel walked in.  I want to walk with the wise and be filled with God’s incredible wisdom.  I long to make right choices and wise decisions that will bring blessing to the people around me.  I need to seek the Lord and listen for His voice more and more so that my choices will be His choices and my thoughts will be His thoughts.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, I want to walk in Your wisdom and know what to do at all times.  I want to know You voice and follow Your commands.  I long to accurately represent You with. My life.  Hear my cry this morning and teach me to walk with wisdom and discretion that I may reflect You well.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment