Wednesday, November 27, 2019

When God Doesn’t Make Sense - Obey Anyway

Scripture:

“When the Lord first began speaking to Israel through Hosea, he said to him, “Go and marry a prostitute, so that some of her children will be conceived in prostitution. This will illustrate how Israel has acted like a prostitute by turning against the Lord and worshiping other gods.””
‭‭Hosea‬ ‭1:2‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God spoke to Hosea and told him to go marry a prostitute as an example to the people of Israel about their relationship with Him and how they have gone after other gods.  I’m sure Hosea had lived a clean life and stayed away from prostitutes.  This was something he would have avoided at all cost, yet God was speaking to him so he did it.  It made no sense for his personal life, but would send a strong message to Israel.

Application:

Sometimes God doesn’t make sense to us.  He may call us to do things that are way out of our comfort zone.  Our job is to say yes and do what He says, then we will be rewarded for our obedience.  When God speaks things into my heart, I must respond to them and act accordingly.  I can’t try to reason when God speaks, I must listen and obey.  He may have something in mind I haven’t thought of yet.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in step with You every day.  When You speak to my heart, help me to respond and do what You are speaking.  I have separated my life for Your purposes, but there are times I am hesitant to do what You are speaking because it may not make sense.  Help me to step out and obey.  When I stand before You, I want to know that I did everything I believe You spoke to me in my life, when I understood it and when I didn’t.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment