Thursday, November 28, 2019

God’s Desire

Scripture:

“Then I will return to my place until they admit their guilt and turn to me. For as soon as trouble comes, they will earnestly search for me.””
‭‭Hosea‬ ‭5:15‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God has just ranted about how He was going to punish Israel and Judah for their sins.  He talked about how he was going to destroy them.  This sounds awful unless you can hear His heart.  His goal in the punishment was simply that they would return to Him and seek Him.  He felt that trouble would cause them to turn to Him.  His desire was to bless them, but He would use trouble to get them into a place of seeking Him, then He could bless them.

Application:

God has always desired a people who would seek him and walk according to His ways.  He has always longed for a people who would be completely His.  I want to be a person that doesn’t need trouble in order to seek God, but will pursue Him when things are gong well and when things are going bad.  I want to be a God seeker at all times.

Prayer:

Lord, You know I love You.  I earnestly desire more of You in my life.  I want to be constantly filled with Your Spirit and to walk with You in greater measure.  I want You presence With me at all times. I want to fulfill Your will in the earth.  I sense You drawing me this year.  Help me to respond and give You the desire of You heart, all of me.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment