Saturday, November 30, 2019

Never Get Hardened

Scripture:

“I said, ‘Plant the good seeds of righteousness, and you will harvest a crop of love. Plow up the hard ground of your hearts, for now is the time to seek the Lord, that he may come and shower righteousness upon you.’”
‭‭Hosea‬ ‭10:12‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, God is speaking to His people and telling them to plow the hard ground of their hearts, plant good seeds of righteousness and seek Him.  The result will be that he will come and shower righteousness on them.  He called their hearts hard so they could not receive seed.

Application:

Our hearts need to always be softened in the Lord’s presence so He can shape us and mold us into what He wants us to be.  It is our job to plow our hearts and keep them soft enough to receive the seed of Hid word.  I need to stay pliable in the master’s hands and stay sensitive to the voice of the Lord.

Prayer:

Father, never let me grow hard in my heart toward You or Your word.  Help me to stay plowed and ready at all times to receive Your word into my life.  Give me a heart that is pliable and shapable.  Help me to follow You completely and never with a hard, callous, or cynical heart.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment