Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Be Intentional, Purposeful and Self-controlled

Scripture:

“Since we are approaching the end of all things, be intentional, purposeful, and self-controlled so that you can be given to prayer.”
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭4:7‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

Peter tells us that since we are approaching the end of all things, we should be given to prayer.  In order to do that, he says, we need to be intentional, purposeful and self-controlled.  Being given to prayer take intentionality and self-control.  It is up to us to make prayer a priority in our lives.

Application:

I need to discipline myself to spend more time in prayer as the Lord’s coming is nearer than ever before.  Now is the time to be spending more time with the Father and not less.   Now is the time to be intentional about my personal devotional life.  I sense the Lord drawing me closer in this season, but it will take intentionality and self-control to do it.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, help me to intentionally spend more time in Your presence.  Empower me to live a purposeful life of prayer and study.  Teach me to be more self-controlled and disciplined in my devotional life.  I desire to walk with You in a closer way.  I long to walk in step with the Spirit.  Help me to discipline my life so I can do that.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment