Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Watching and Praying

Scripture:

Luke 21:36 "Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you will be able to stand before the Son of man".

Observation:

Jesus had been talking about the last days to His disciples and what that would look like.  He described many things from signs in the heavens to sign on the earth.  As He is completing this thought, He tells them that they should watch and pray so they can escape all that is coming.

Application:

All of the signs Jesus spoke of in Luke 21 are happening now around the world.  I believe the end of things as we know them is soon to be over.  Jesus tells us, when we see these things, to always watch and pray.  Lately, I have had a sense of looking up while I pray.  I find myself on my prayer walks, looking up into the skies more and more.  One other verse said that Jesus is coming for those who are looking for His appearing.  As for me, I'm looking for His appearing any day now.  He is coming soon!

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, help me to keep looking up and live each day as if it was my last on this earth.  Help me lead more souls to Christ.  Help me reach out to more people to demonstrate your love.  Help me advance Your causes in the earth.  You are amazing and I love You!

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment