Wednesday, March 19, 2014

God's Incredible Provision

Scripture:

Deuteronomy 6:11 "houses filled with all kinds of good things you did not provide, wells you did not dig, and vineyards and olive groves you did not plant"

Observation:

God speaks to the people of Israel and tells them that when they enter the promised land, that they would live in houses they didn't build, drink from wells they didn't dig, and eat from food sources they didn't plant. He was telling them that He was going to provide incredibly for them as long as they worshiped and served Him only.  He wanted their hearts and He would more than take care of their needs.

Application:

Is God still able to provide for His people like this?   Is God still able to cause His people to inherit houses they didn't work for and lands they didn't plant?  God is still able and still works on behalf of those who trust Him and are completely sold out to Him.  God is an amazing provider for His people.  As we put Him first, everything else works out well.  He loves us and loves to provide for us.

Prayer:

Father, help me to trust You more in this area of provision.  Help me to walk with You and know You will give me the desires of my heart.  I ask You today to make it possible for me to buy a home this summer that my family may be established in this area.  I believe You gave me a word that this year we will go from renting to owning.  Make it possible I pray.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment