Friday, March 7, 2014

Bless You and Keep You

Scripture:

Numbers 6:24  "The Lord bless you and keep you".

Observation:

God gave this phrase to Moses as the beginning of how he was to bless the people of Israel.  In verse 27 the blessing finishes with "so they will put my name on the Israelites, and I will bless them".  When we say things like, "The Lord bless you and keep you", we are pronouncing a biblical blessing on that person.  By doing this, we are putting God's name on them and where God's name is, there is blessing.  Notice it is the Lord who blesses and keeps us.  Our trust must be in Him.

Application:

Sometimes we randomly say, "God bless you" when someone sneezes, coughs etc.  What if we started intentionally blessing people?  What if we started putting God's name on people?  What if instead of cursing people, we began blessing them?  Out of our mouths flow rivers of death or rivers of life.  Which river will flow today?  I want the river of blessing to flow through my life, therefore I want to speak God's blessing on His people.

Prayer:

Lord, let my words be a blessing to someone today.  Let the river of Your blessing flow through my life.  You are amazing and I want the world to know You.  Thank You for giving us the ability to bless in Your name.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment