Friday, March 21, 2014

No One Will Be Able to Stand Against You

Scripture:

Deuteronomy 11:25 "No One will be able to stand against you, The Lord your God, as He promised you, will put the terror and fear of you on the whole land, wherever you go".

Observation:

God is speaking to His people and telling them that they are about to go into the Promised Land and that when they go, it is important that they worship and serve Him only.  They could choose obedience and blessing or disobedience and cursing from God.  If they chose obedience, the above promise was theirs.  No one would be able to stand against you and God would put terror and fear of you wherever you go.  God promised that if the people kept Him first, He would promise complete and total victory.

Application:

In the New Testament we are considered children of Abraham.  Therefore the promises that go to his descendants, also come down to us.  When we are truly following God with all our heart and doing our part of serving Him only and not having any other gods, we can expect God to bless our lives such that our enemies are even fearful of us.  They should look at us and think, "I don't want to mess with them, their God is incredible".  May we choose obedience and victory more and more.

Prayer:

Father, help me walk in the way You want me to walk.  Raise my faith level to truly believe that since I have served You with my whole heart, that You will bless me indeed and works the miraculous in my life.  Help me to know deep in my heart that You have my back in every situation because I have diligently sought You.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment