Monday, March 10, 2014

The Size of the Problem or the Size of God?

Scripture:

Numbers 13:32  "And they spread among the Israelites a bad report about the land they had explored.  They said, 'The land we explored devours those living in it.  All the people we saw there are of great size'".

Observation:

The ten spies who came back with Joshua and Caleb spread a bad report about the promised land. They were telling the people how huge the people of the land were and how the Israelites would never be able to defeat them.  They concentrated on how huge the obstacle was instead of how awesome God is.  They were able to influence all the people of Israel because bad reports always travel faster and are believed stronger than good reports.

Application:

The focus of the ten spies was how huge the enemies were.  The focus of people of faith us how huge our God is.  We must remember that the God we serve is all-powerful.  He is amazing and nothing is impossible for Him.  As people of God, we must shift our view from the size of the problem to the size of our God.  There is no enemy that can overpower the living God and we must continually remind ourselves of this thought.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, maker of heaven and earth.  All-powerful God, You are worthy!  Help me to see Your incredible abilities instead of my own inabilities.  Help me see Your size and not the size of my enemies.  Help me keep my eyes on You and not the problems that confront me.  Help me focus on You and allow You to work Your plan for my life.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment