Thursday, March 6, 2014

Given Wholly to Him

Scripture:

Numbers 3:9-10  "Give the Levites to Aaron and his sons; they are the Israelites who are to be given wholly to him.  Appoint Aaron and his sons to serve as priests; anyone else who approaches the sanctuary is to be put to death".

Observation:

The Levites were set apart for the service of the Lord.  Aaron and his sons were to serve as priests and anyone else who approached the sanctuary was to be put to death.  The Levites were "wholly given" to Moses to serve his and the priests needs in the Tabernacle.  They didn't have a choice when they grew up what they wanted to be.  If you were a Levite, you were wholly given to the ministry and the Lord.

Application:

In the New Tesatment we are seen as a kingdom of priests who are to serve the Lord "wholly".  The Levites were "called out" from among their brethren to serve in the Tabernacle.  The Greek word for church is Ekklesia which means, "called out".  We have been called out of the world to serve in the kingdom of God.  We are to be wholly God's.  We are to do his will and not our own.  We are to serve His purposes and not our own.

Prayer:

Father, help me to see my life as an offering to You.  Help me to live according to your plans for my life and not my own.  I want to do Your will above all else.  Help me not get off track.  I want to be wholly yours!

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment