Thursday, March 13, 2014

I Can't Say Whatever I Please

Scripture:

Numbers 22:38  "I can't say whatever I please.  I must speak only what God puts in my mouth".

Observation:

Balaam had to have a donkey speak to him and crush his leg before he really go the point.  God was concerned that Balaam would speak words that God wasn't speaking.  Finally Balaam realized that God was speaking to him, he made it clear that he couldn't speak a curse if God wasn't speaking a curse and he couldn't speak a blessing if God wasn't speaking a blessing.  He finally determined he would only speak what God put in his mouth.

Application:

Very often we say things we wish we had not said.  Many times words come out of our mouths that are not pleasing to God and destroy others.  Jesus only said what He heard the Father say.  Balaam learned that he was only to say what God was saying.  We must learn this same lesson.  We can't say whatever we please.  We must speak the words God wants us to speak.

Prayer:

Father, help me not to say whatever I please, but to speak what You desire me to speak.  I want to be your voice in my generation.  I want to speak Your words and not my own.  Help me with my mouth Lord.  Let my words be few, but powerful because they are really Your words.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment