Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Tithe is Not Mine

Scripture:

Exodus 27:30 "A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the soil or fruit from the trees, belongs to the Lord; it is holy to the Lord".

Observation:

God makes it clear here that a tithe of everything belongs to God.  The first ten percent doesn't even belong to us, it belongs to God.  The first ten percent of everything belongs to Him and it is holy, therefore we shouldn't touch it.  Taking any part of the tithe then, would truly be robbing God according to Malachi.

Application:

God wants to be first in our lives.  He wants us to submit to Him in every area and for Him to be first in our hearts and lives.  When it comes to the tithe, the first ten percent belongs to God and doesn't belong to us.  When we use it for something else, we are using His money which is holy.  Most of us would never steal from God, but not tithing truly is stealing from God.  It is His and not ours!  You can't give away what doesn't belong to you and we can't give away what belongs to God.

Prayer:

Father, teach me more each day about keeping You first in my life.  Help me keep you first in my time, my talents and my treasures.  Help me to honor You completely with my tithes and offerings.  I want my life to bring you glory.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment