Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Reality of Hell

Scripture:

Mark 9:48  "where the worms that eat them do not die, and the fire is not quenched".

Observation:

Jesus was talking to His disciples about offending the little ones who believed in Him.  He went on to have a discourse on hell.  Jesus said that it is better to pluck your eye out, cut your hand off, or cut your foot off than to be thrown into hell.  He was basically saying that hell was so bad that you would be better off with temporary physical pain than to experience eternal torment.  Jesus here described hell as a place where worms eat you and never die and where the fire is never quenched.

Application:

If we really believed in a place like what is described above, we would do everything possible to rescue those who were headed there.  Nobody would want their friend, relative, or anyone else to experience the horrors of hell.  In my heart, I know I must do more to rescue those around me from that awful place.  We must be about the king's business.  It is not His will for anyone to experience this place.  We must do our best to set up road blocks to stop people who are headed there.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, help me to see hell as You do.  I want to help rescue as many as possible from that terrible place that You created for Satan and his angels.  Keep this ever before me as I preach Your gospel.  Help me expand your kingdom and influence on the earth.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment