Monday, February 24, 2014

God's Laws Work

Scripture:

Leviticus 24:19-20  "Anyone who injures their neighbor is to be injured in the same manner: fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth.  The one who has inflicted the injury must suffer the same injury".

Observation:

God's Law in this area was pretty simple, yet very profound.  I can't help but to believe our crime rates would change if we went back to God's laws.  If people knew that hurting another person was going to result in them being hurt with the same injuries, I think they would be very careful about not hurting them too much.  Doing it God's way would radically change everything very quickly.

Application:

In the Law it was said to do to others what they have done to you, but when Jesus came along, He said, do to others what you want them to do to you.  This golden rule is absolutely powerful.  In the same manner that the Law would keep people from hurting others, Jesus' rule would actually cause people to experience joy because they are being treated with respect, care, concern, etc.  God's laws work!

Prayer:

Lord, help me live by your golden rule more and more in my life.  Help me to treat others as I want to be treated.  Help me recognize the needs of others and serve them well.  I want to be more like You!

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment