Thursday, February 6, 2014

God's Desire

Scripture:

Exodus 29:46  "They will know that I am the Lord their God, who brought them out of Egypt so that I might dwell among them.  I am the Lord their God".

Observation:

God brought His children out of Egyptian slavery for a purpose.  It was not just because they cried out to Him, but because He wanted to be their God and for them to be His people.  He has always longed to have a people who are fully committed to Him.  He brought them out so that He could dwell among them.  He longs to be close with His people.  We wants to be their God and have relationship with Him.  This has always been His desire.

Application:

If God brought the children of Israel out of Egypt simply to dwell among them, be their God and for them to know Him, how much does He want personal relationship with us today?  He longs for interaction with His people.  He wants to be close and has now opened the door through Jesus Christ to allow everyone to walk with Him and have a relationship with Him.  We simply have to desire that relationship and begin to pursue Him and He will meet us and take us the rest of the way.

Prayer:

Lord God, I want to walk with You and be your son.  I want to know you as father in a deeper way.  You have gone to great lengths to be my God and for me to be Your son.  Help me to realize the path is open into your presence because of the blood of Jesus.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment