Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Early Morning Prayer

Scripture:

Mark 1:35 "Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed".

Observation:

Jesus, was the Son of God.  He was actually God in the flesh, yet He got up early in the morning while it was still dark to pray to His father in heaven.  It appears from scripture that this was a pattern for Him.  He went away from everyone and found a quiet place to be with His Father.  He felt it was necessary to take time to spend with His Father, how much more should we?

Application:

If Jesus, being the Son of God, needed to get up early and go away by Himself to pray, how much more should we?  We need to follow His pattern of early morning prayer.  It is beautiful to talk to God and hear from Him before your day gets out of control.  When we meet Him in the morning, our day tends to be much more productive.  When you give God the first of anything, the rest is blessed.  Give Him the first part of each day and watch the blessing of God come upon your day.

Prayer:

Father, I love my time with You.  Help me to keep it a priority in life.  Help me to discipline my life and got to bed early so I can get up early and seek You.  I want to follow all your patterns and fulfill Your will for my life.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment