Friday, November 8, 2013

The Desire to Bless

Scripture:

Genesis 48:9  "Then Israel said, 'Bring them to me so I may bless them'".

Observation:

Israel knew he had been blessed by God and when he was, he was told that he would be a blessing.  In this story he asks Joseph to bring his sons to him so they could be blessed by their grandfather.  He knew he had the power to bless them and they would be blessed.  He knew what he spoke over them would come to pass.  He had a desire to bless his grandchildren.

Application:

Israel went looking for people to bless.  He wanted his generations to be blessed and he knew he was the key.  We need to understand better the power of the blessing.  We should bless our children and grandchildren.  Just as Israel wanted to "be a blessing", we should as well.  Who can I bless today?

Prayer:

Father, you have blessed me and I want to be a blessing today.  Help me to speak Your words over people's lives that they may be blessed.  Teach me more about this I pray.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment