Wednesday, November 20, 2013

God's Seed

Scripture:

I John 3:9  "No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed is in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God".

Observation:

John is telling the difference between those who really love God and serve Him and those who don't.  He is trying to correct some false teaching and some people who claim to be Christians, but whose lives don't show it.  He tells God's people, that when God's seed is in you at salvation, you will not continue to sin.  If God's seed is in you, you will be like God and hate what God hates.  God hates sin.

Application:

If there is continual sin in our lives that we are not convicted about, we need to check our relationship to God.  If the Holy Spirit really lives in us, we should be becoming more "holy" as He is.  According to this verse, if we are born of God, we will not continue in sin.  There may be slip ups and mistakes, but our lifestyle should be coming out of sin and not excusing it.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, teach me to live a life that demonstrates that the seed of God is within me.  Let Your light shine in my life.  Help me to walk in constant communion with You.  Show me Your ways and let my everyday life bring You glory.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment