Monday, November 25, 2013

Open the Door

Scripture:

Revelation 3:20 "Here I am!  I stand at the door and knock.  If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me".

Observation:

Jesus is speaking here to through John to the people of Laodicea.  He just told them to be either hot or cold, but not lukewarm because if they were, He would spew them out of His mouth.  Then He turns and says He is at the door knocking and that whoever opens the door, He would come in and eat with them.  We must open the door to fellowship with Christ.  He's waiting.

Application:

I need to open the door more often for fellowship time with Christ.  I want to know His more and to have fellowship with Him more.  He never busts down the door, but waits for us to open it.  He is more than willing and strongly desires to fellowship with us, but we must open that door.

Prayer:

Lord, I want to open the door more to fellowship with You.  You are incredible and want to be in Your presence more and more as the end approaches.  Help me to respond when you knock.  Help my ears to be open to hear your knocking so that I can open the door to fellowship with You.  I need You desperately in my life.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment