Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Joseph Raised up

Scripture:

Genesis 41:40 "You shall be in charge of my palace, and all my people are to submit to your orders.  Only with respect to the throne will I be greater than you".

Observation:

When God decides to raise a person up, He does and amazing job of it.  Joseph was in a nation that was not his own.  He was in prison days before this for a crime he did not commit.  Suddenly God raised up Joseph at least twenty years after the dreams he had at seventeen years old.  God took him instantly from the prison to being equal with the the most powerful man in the world at that time in a moment.

Application:

God's promotion timetable is never quite like ours.  Many times He will give a dream or a vision and it will be many years in between the vision and the victory.  No matter where we are today, tomorrow can be completely different if we follow after the Lord.  This man's life went from a prison to a palace in a day.  We must trust that God knows what He is doing in our lives and that the things He has promised will come to pass if we don't faint.

Prayer:

Father, help me to keep the faith when things don't appear to be going like I think they should.  Help me to walk with you daily and know that You will do everything You have shown me.  Teach me to walk by faith and not by sight, knowing that greater days are coming.

Yours Faithfully,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment