Thursday, November 28, 2013

Not Shrinking From Death

Scripture:

Revelation 12:11  "They triumphed over him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death".

Observation:

John is speaking about those who triumphed over Satan by the blood of the Lamb and the word of their testimony.  He says of them that they "did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death".  Many times we preach about the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony, but they also overcame because they did not fear death.  They were more in love with Jesus than they were their own lives.

Application:

We tend to live our lives with our own comfort, protection and blessing in mind.  Everything revolves around us and we give Jesus a part of our lives.  He wants our whole lives.  He wants to be the center of our lives to the point that we obey Him completely and don't fear death.  What can Satan do to you when you don't love your life and fear death?  Nothing.  The greatest warriors are those who are not afraid to die.  Am I afraid to die for my Lord?  Would I love my life too much to lay it down?  Great questions.

Prayer:

Father God, I want to love You more than my own life.  I want to serve you no matter what the cost.  You are everything to me.  Help me to live completely for You and Your purposes instead of my own purposes.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment