Saturday, November 23, 2013

No Greater Joy

Scripture:

III John 4  "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth".

Observation:

John is writing to his friend Gaius a brief letter.  In his introduction he basically tells him he is proud of him for walking in the truth, then he says "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in truth".  Gaius' relationship with God made his spiritual father happy.

Application:

As a minister, the greatest joy is when you hear what your children are doing for God.  Through 25 years of life and ministry, my greatest joy comes when I hear what my sons and daughters are doing for God.  Some of them I led to Christ, some I discipled along their way, but so many of them bring me great joy.  Ministry is not easy, but it can be very rewarding when you see your sons and daughters, your spiritual grandchildren and your spiritual great grandchildren serving God passionately around the world.  My takeaway today is to keep serving people with all my heart because as I give them all I have, God will raise them up and they will bring great joy to me down the road.

Prayer:

Father, you are worthy of all my praise.  Thanks you for allowing me to see spiritual children, grandchildren and great grandchildren.  May this continue and flourish as I walk with You.  My greatest joy is seeing the generations after me carry your torch.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment