Friday, November 2, 2012

We Will Possess

Scripture:

Judges 11:24 "Will you not take what your god Chemosh gives you?  Likewise, whatever the Lord our God has given us, we will possess".

Observation:

Jephthah was a mighty warrior.  As he conquered the Amorites, they asked what right they had to take over the land.  He told them that whatever their god gave them, they should be able to keep, but whatever the Lord God of Israel gave His people, they should be able to possess.  His idea was, whichever god demonstrates in battle that he is stronger, should get the land.  I love his determination in that, if God gave you something, you need to possess it.

Application:

Jesus died to give us so much more than what we act like we possess.  I want to say with Jephthah, "whatever the Lord our God has given us, we will possess".  We must possess peace, joy, and love!  We must possess healing, deliverance, and walking in the power of the Spirit.  We must possess the blessings of our God.  He has given us so much, we need to possess everything He has paid such a high price to get us.  We are partakers of the divine nature.  We have access to God at any time.  We must possess it!

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, help me to possess what I profess.  I want to live a remarkable life that shines forth for a remarkable God.  You have given me so much, help me to use it properly and to possess everything Jesus died to give to me.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment