Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Rejecting God

Scripture:

I Samuel 10:19 "But you have now rejected your God, who saves you out of all your disasters and calamities.  And you have said, 'No, appoint a king over us.'  So now present yourselves before the Lord by your tribes and clans".

Observation:

God is speaking through Samuel to Israel at this point.  He has just anointed Saul to be king because the people wanted a king like all of the other nations around them.  They wanted to be like everyone else.  Just one problem, God always wanted to be Israel's king.  He didn't want them to have another king besides Him, but because of their constant whining about wanting a king, He gave them one.  In desiring another king for their nation, God said that they were rejecting Him.

Application:

How many times do we reject God because we do things our own way instead of His?  How many times do we reject God by trying to figure everything out on our own instead of asking Him?  He desires to be our king still today, but we often reject Him by taking everything into our own hands and being our own king.  We often reject His leadership because we think we know better what we should do.  I don't want to reject God's leadership in my life any more.  I want to follow Him fully and completely.

Prayer:

Father, I know it is easier to say these things than it is to live them, but with Your help on this I know I can do it.  I want You to lead my life.  I don't want to continue rejecting You because I am not doing what You want.  Help me to follow You more closely than ever before in my life.  You are awesome and I love you.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment