Tuesday, November 6, 2012

May Your Love Increase

Scripture:

I Thessalonians 3:12 "May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and everyone else, just as ours does for you".

Observation:

Paul is writing to the Thessalonians and telling them how proud he is of them.  He tells them how he has heard about their love for each other and their faith.  He is like a proud daddy talking about his kids.  He says how proud he is of them, but then goes on to ask God to increase them even more in it.  He says, "May the Lord make your love increase and overflow".  This is powerful stuff!

Application:

Love God and love others are the two commands that make up the greatest commands according to Jesus.  God is love, therefore when we grow in God, we grow in love.  It can also be said that if we grow in love, we grow in God.  Love is the most god-like attribute we can exhibit to those around us.  When we get ahold on this four letter word, our world will be turned upside down and the kingdom of God will grow exponentially.  I want my love to increase and overflow more and more.

Prayer:

Father, help me love like you love.  Teach me your ways.  Show me how to love everyone better.  I want to increase in this area because I believe it is the godliest attribute we can have.  I want to be like my father who is love.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment